Frequently Asked Questions
Simply go to the Booking page and fill out the required details. You will receive an e-mail confirming your booking. You will then be sent by post or email your outbound and inbound luggage travel documents (airwaybills). Please affix an Air Waybill to each piece of luggage ready for collection.
An Air Waybill is a paper ticket containing your collection and delivery details as well as a unique tracking number.
You only need to tell us if weight of your luggage is greater than the weight booked.
You only need to tell us the size of your luggage if the ‘Max Dims’ measurement is greater than the following for the weight of your shipment:
- 30kgs or 66lbs: 147cm or 58in – 25kgs or 55lbs: 138cm or 54in
- 20kgs or 44lbs: 129cm or 51in – 15kgs or 33lbs: 117cm or 46in
- 10kgs or 22lbs: 102cm or 40in – 5kgs or 11lbs: 81cm or 32in
‘Max dims’ = Length plus Width plus Height Measurements must be at greatest points
Nothing. Simply have your items ready to go. Golf Bags, Bicycles, Skis, Snowboards and Ski Boots must be packed in an airline compatible case or cover, and ensure that the Air Waybill and other documents supplied by First Luggage is attached to your luggage.
You may complete your booking online, via our secure payment facility. On the telephone: Simply call 0800 083 5503 / +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States and a Service Operator will take your details as well as guiding you through.
We accept the following debit/credit cards: Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Delta, Solo, Electron and Maestro.
First Luggage services most countries worldwide
If the country you wish to select is not on the drop-down list just contact us for a quote
First Luggage +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.firstluggage.com
For prices and availability of weekend collection or delivery contact our Customer Support Team: call +44 (0) 1895 254 240 or email email@example.com
We offer this service (subject to suitable port facilities which we confirm with the individual cruise company) and an administration fee of GBP 45.00 ( plus Tax if applicable) is added to our usual cost We require the following additional information :- cruise line, vessel name, date and port of departure and port of arrival.
- Animals (including birds, fish, insects, larvae, pupae etc.)
- Animal products (including but not limited to ivory, fur and garments trimmed with fur)
- Antiques and art works
- Complete firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons
- Dangerous / hazardous goods (including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, loose lithium batteries, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“ATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Flowers and plant products
- Human remains or ashes
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and / or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Imitation (replica) firearms, toy guns, weapons, explosive devices or ammunition
- Medical samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form (including but not limited to bank notes, currency, vouchers)
- Perishable items that require a temperature controlled environment
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control, including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind or packages wrapped in Kraft paper.
No, any pressurised container is not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage, including deodorants and hairsprays.
No, any item containing alcohol (including perfumes and aftershaves) is not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage.
No, alkaline batteries are not permitted. Please ensure these are removed from any items you have packed.
Yes – Contact Luggage Delivery Company Customer Support for price and service details 0800 083 5503 / +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes you can ship items such as kayaks, canoes, surfboards, windsurf and sails, hang gliders,pole vaults, javelins etc
For prices and further details contact First Luggage Customer Support
0800 083 5503 / +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / email@example.com
Extra large items must be packed in a travel case specifically designed for that piece of equipment
When contacting us please have details of weight and size of item(s) to be shipped
(Size and weight details required are length, width and height – including packaging)
First Luggage will charge GBP 25.00 cancellation fee to cover administrative charges.
Yes, there are many freight companies that will arrange transportation of your luggage. However unlike First Luggage, this is not their primary source of business and as such you may have to follow lengthy procedures in order to ship your items. This may involve having to box and weigh your goods, and having to complete complex Air Waybills and invoices where requested by Customs as well as possibly having to drop your luggage at the freight company’s location.
A minimum of 2 working days prior to the date of collection if you have access to email and a printer to print off the Air Waybills. However wherever possible, 5 working days or more to allow preparation and postage of travel documents to you. If you have a last-minute order, please call First Luggage by telephone 0800 083 5503 / +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States and speak with one of our Customer Service Team.
Luggage Delivery Company allows maximum weight and size limits as follows: ‘Max dims’ = Length plus Breadth plus Height. Measurements must be at greatest points
- 30kgs or 66lbs: 147cm or 58in – 25kgs or 55lbs: 138cm or 54in – 20kgs or 44lbs: 129cm or 51in – 15kgs or 33lbs: 117cm or 46in – 10kgs or 22lbs: 102cm or 40in – 5kgs or 11lbs: 81cm or 32in If your item is not in our list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Luggage Delivery Company reserves the right to charge an additional GBP 5.00 per kg (plus VAT – taxes at 20%, if applicable) for overweight or oversize consignments.
Luggage may be xrayed for security purposes and any camera film or other items may be harmed by the radiation from the xrays.
Yes, if you ship 4 or more items you receive a multiple piece discount as follows: discount
5+ Items = 5% discount
Your multiple piece discount is calculated when you place your booking and is automatically included in your total price.
Multiple piece discounts are not available for extra large sports equipment
Simple, just call us on 0800 083 5503 / +44 (0) 1895 254 240 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States . Please remember standard collection times are Mon – Fri 09.00 to 17.30
First Luggage will credit any client whose luggage arrives later than the agreed date – excepting in the unlikely event of an unforeseen delay by Customs, or if the client packs any prohibited items, or in the event of Force Majeure.